Thursday, November 17, 2011

I am grateful….

Last week Catherina from Catherina’s Creative Corner linked up her {{GRATEFUL}} sign and I just fell in love with it {and her silver turkey} that I just had to do a grateful sign for myself.

i-am-grateful-sign--Dittle-Dattle

This framed started out as a framed mirror that I bought years ago and I don’t think I have ever hung it up.   I liked it I just could never find a home for it.  I even tried to paint over the cherry finish to black but it still never felt right.  That is until I spotted Catherina’s frame.  I just knew I had the perfect frame! 

I pulled out the Old White chalk paint and gave it a quick coat over top.  Ahh yes……So much better!

Grateful-sign--dittle-dattle

I wrote all my words of gratitude out on some brown craft paper with a black Sharpie marker. 

Grateful-vinyl-sign--Dittle-Dattle-blogspot

I found a “I am grateful for” free printable that sparked the idea for the vinyl over at I {heart} Nap Time and found the SVG turkey file at Bea Original.  Thank you ladies.

I can’t believe how long it’s been since I have used the Cricut!

Grateful-with-turkey-sign--Dittle-Dattle

It’s my turn to host Thanksgiving dinner this year and as soon as I get the dining room cleared out of all our classroom clutter I’ll share some tablescape photos. 

Carrie

12 comments:

  1. Carrie, I love this. I would like to make one but not sure if I will have time before Thanksgiving. This project sure would give us time to reflect on all the things in our lives we are Grateful for. Both your's and Catherina's "grateful" artwork looks very nice.
    thanks for sharing~Lu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carrie, I just love this! What a wonderful idea. You guys both did a really incredible job! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is special with all the things you are thankful for written out for all to see. It is a perfect holiday decoration and looks wonderful on your mantel. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! The frame looks terrific! Are you liking the ACSP more now that you've worked with it more? Your handwriting is so nice and straight - I thought you had done that on the computer at first. Nice job! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie...I LOOOVE this! It's so neat, and so very creative. :) What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow it is just beautiful and your handwriting is great mine would never look that nice thank you for sharing the link!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is great. love thxgiving ideas as i am finally hosting this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome idea! Love this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute, cute, cute! But more importantly it focuses on so many things that we can be thankful for. Wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! And, your penmanship makes me smile. So neat and pretty! Hope you have a grand Sunday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dearest Carrie!
    I LOVE IT! Yours turned out so BEAUTIFUL! I especially love your turkey silhouette;-) And the frame you had is practically Identical to mine!! ;-)
    Thank you so much for the feature:-) It humbles me to think that I got someone out there to sit down, ponder and write what they are thankful for. It truly warms my soul. You have made my DAY! {and I mean that from the bottom of my heart}.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your Loved Ones!
    ~Catherina
    @catherinascreativecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That little turkey on the frame is cute.

    lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed your visit. If you did, please leave a comment!!!
Thanks ~Carrie

*and remember what mom always said~ "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say NOTHING at all".

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails