I hope everyone is having a good start to their week. I have an exceptionally busy week ahead of me. So if you have noticed that the projects that I have been showing lately have all been quick projects that’s the reason why. I have a few big projects that I am working on as well but with my limited time they are taking even long to complete.
I forgot to mention that the chalkboard door is also a magnet board! Before painting on the chalkboard paint, I painted a few coats of magnetic paint.
Of course the magnetic/chalkboard door needed some really cool magnets and Pinterest didn’t let me down with supplying a few dozen wonderful ideas. However, the IPhone/IPod touch apps won hands down on the cool factor.
These were really pretty easy to make, but you can purchase them for around $16.00 or here is a tute to make your own with a FREE printable from Infarrantly Creative. Thanks Beckie.
Beckie had some magnets that fit the shape and size of an app perfectly.
I had to improvise:
- I printed out the free printable on cardstock.
- Each app measured around 1” square, so I cut some scrap wood to size. (I’m sure that you can purchase tiny wood pieces at Wal-mart or at a craft store.)
- Painted each tiny wood square black.
- Used Mod-Podge to glue the paper app to the wood and to seal the paper.
- I applied a dimensional craft glaze to the seal the top.
- Lastly I glued a super-strong magnet (purchased at Michael’s) to the back with E-6000 glue.
Voilà! Super cool and fun App Magnets for the “Teen Lounge”.
**My kiddos think these magnets are really cool! Which make my think they would also make an awesome gift!! Think of the possibilities….. a set of these magnets packaged with a new IPhone/IPod or how about a magnetic board in the shape of a cell phone or IPod custom to fit in a locker!