Friday, September 16, 2011

Two Birds, One Stone

Hello Everybody!! 

I hope everyone is having a great day.  My kids are diligently working to get their school work done this morning so that we can have some fun this afternoon.  Woo hoo!  But before we head out I wanted to show you a little trash-2-treasure project I did yesterday. 

[thrift%2520store%2520bin%255B3%255D.jpg]

Remember this storage box that I purchased back in July?

Well, I finally did something with it!

Monogram wall art

The top was cut loose from the base of the box, adhered my DIY Wooden Letter to the front, and add a metal scroll thingy to the top.

Recycled Monogram Art

I love a project that comes together fast using only things that you have laying around the house!

Ebony Stained Wicker box top

The box had some obvious wear and tear.  So to mask it, I coated the top with a little Ebony stain (left over from the stair rails).

Artwork in the Foyer

I love this project but it does look a little bare all by itself.  Time for a shopping trip!

clip-art

But wait….

there’s more…..

(Don’tcha just love them “Seen On TV” ads???)

What about the bottom of the box????

Planter box

What a perfect fit! 

My faux plant’s original base was really cry out for help!  The whole base fit perfectly in the box!  I just added a little Spanish moss to the top.

Recycled Planter Faux Plant box

Have a great weekend!  See everyone back here Sunday evening for Amaze Me Monday blog party.

Carrie

22 comments:

  1. Now that was clever Carrie! I love the texture and interest it adds to the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both look great! How jammy that the base fit so perfectly in the box, looks as though it was made for the job! Have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice BOGO. I especially love the wall hanging. I would not have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it! Great job using both pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. too cute, my mom has a few of those cubes and the get beat up pretty fast, now I know how to bring them back, stain! Thanks for the great tip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are SO CREATIVE! What a clever idea. I love both projects you did....they are each so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are SO creative and clever! I love both the projects...NEVER would have guessed they were an old tattered box! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go, I love them both. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carrie, I just came across your site and love everything about it!! You are so talented and creative. I am a newbie and your site is so inspirational. I am your newest follower and I hope you will follow back. Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love it when I get so many ideas of things to make from a purchase!! I can't decide which one I like more!!

    Huggs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks terrific! Love both ideas! I love how you can look at a box and see such different ways to use it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well look at you thinking "outside of the box"! LOL! Couldn't resist. What a great idea and I just love how it all turned out. Great job girl!
    Cheers!
    Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is really cute and so smart!

    Shannon @ Imperfectly-Inspired.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. GENIOUS, Carrie! I love what you did with the top ... seriously, I'd never think to do something like that. Wow! And, what a perfect planter, too. Once again, girl ....

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea! I would have never thought to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Don't you just love it when a plan (or no plan, yet) comes together so perfectly? Both pieces are truly struttin' their stuff now! Great job!
    :) CAS

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that R. It looks so nice hanging up.

    lisa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very clever and stylish! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed your visit. If you did, please leave a comment!!!
Thanks ~Carrie

*and remember what mom always said~ "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say NOTHING at all".

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails