Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Autumn Foyer

Fall has arrived in the Carolinas (inside and out)…. the temperature has dropped and the scenery has changed.   Love this time of year!

Fall-Foyer-Decorating--foyer-ledge-autumn-display

A few simple changes to the overall décor and you have an autumn foyer!

Left side of foyerIMG_9988

Confession:  I can over do it when it comes to decorating.

So to keep things simple, I used a few felt placemats as wall art!  Yep, you read that right!  Placemats and a shadow box frame, that I have had for years, creates a simple but welcoming foyer.

Fall-Autumn-Foyer-decor-using-leaf-felt-placemats

My original plan was to add some glitz to the otherwise plain placemats, but after seeing them up on the wall,  I have decided to stick with the less is more attitude.  For now! 

This was the easiest wall décor ever!  I pulled down all the picture frames and plants from the wall, and literally stuck the vein of the leaf over the nail already in the wall!  I just gave each placemat a nudge so they hang on an angle.

Big-Lot-frames

Here is one of the shadow box frames that I purchased from Big Lots years ago.   They still had the cardboard over the corners! 

Fall-Autumn-Foyer-decor-decorating

I added a few leaves, pumpkins, and acorns to the ledge.  The leaf pillows (stuffed in the urn) were also once placemats.

I am still looking for some faux topiaries for the ledge.  I am surprised that this has been such a difficult process. I really thought I knew of a place that would have them locally.  They had a few but they were all too small.   I search continues.

Foyer-shelf-ledge-fall-decorating-decor

I had way more photos to share with you but Photoshop decided it wasn’t going to work.  Well, it did work up until I wanted to save the photographs and then it crashed.  I believe a recent computer update has interfered with the workings of PH.   Please don’t suggest I  use another program, because do you know how hard it is to switch from your favorite photo editing software?  It’s like going to a new hair stylist!  Not. going. to. happen. 

Not without a lot of whining and crying.  lol

SavvySeasons.com Autumn Arrives Party

Carrie

22 comments:

  1. I love it! The felt place mats are brilliant!I wish we were seeing some fall temps around here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie! I love what you have done with your foyer! I especially like the accents on the ledge! Everything looks so cheery and festive. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carrie,
    How very pretty your entryway looks. I love the things you've chosen to decorate with and the placemat leaves are really cute.

    hugs
    sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks terrific! Love the simplicity of the felt place mats! Great job! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There you go A M A Z I N G me all over again. Carrie, I love how you think outside the box. Your use of felt mats is a brilliant idea and says....AUTUMN is here!! It looks fabulous and I love the splashes of color. Your ledge looks beautiful and I love how you have everything arranged. Well done! I wanna see more now! Thanks for sharing! XO ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Carrie. I have those same placemats on my table as we speak. Love Fall, and loving the changes we have going on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely. Absolutely lovely!
    I wish I had this kind of dedication with our place.... I'm lucky if I keep the kitchen counter clear for one day before things start to pile up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carrie! I ♥ all of your Fall decorating...very nice!

    Hope you have a great rest of the week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm jealous of your fall weather! Our temps have definitely dropped (from above 100 to between 85-95), and we even had one day last week that was in the 60s. But since I still sweat walking around campus, I'd say it's still summer here. I can't complain too much though, in a month or two it'll be in the 'teens and lower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy seeing everyone's fall decorations. The temps have dropped here, too. We'll probably have a few more warm days before the cooler weather really hits. I love all of your fall decor. Cute idea with the placemats for art on the wall. I like those big acorns..cute.
    Sorry to hear about the Photoshop problems.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, Carrie !! LOVE all of the vibrant Fall color I see. Your foyer is so welcoming, not only to the new season, but to your guests, as well. And, you know I love the fact that we both have our leaf placemats on the wall! Yippee ... decoratin' soul sistas. :) The ledge looks fabulous ... love the tassel around the hurricane!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Fall Carrie! Your foyer looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! where in the world did you get the cute leaf placemats you hung on the wall? what a great idea!! also love the "pile" of leaves on the ledge, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. K~ The leaf placemats came from Garden Ridge

    ReplyDelete
  15. GORGEOUS!!! I love the placemats! I TOTALLY hear ya on the software!! I'm the SAME way!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks great! And I hear you about not changing photo editing software. I am a PH user, self-taught and there is no way I am switching to much investing in photoshop now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great placemat idea! I love how everything turned out - beautiful foyer!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this - you have a lovely home! Autumn is such a beautiful time of year!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Carrie, I loved seeing your Fall decorations. Thank you for sharing your lovely home at the Open House party.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful! I was always guilty of neglecting those "up high" spaces in our previous home. The time you took to decorate is well worth it. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love those leafs you have on your wall.

    lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed your visit. If you did, please leave a comment!!!
Thanks ~Carrie

*and remember what mom always said~ "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say NOTHING at all".

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails