Friday, August 19, 2011

Judge the book by it’s cover

Are you like me????

Do you take photos after photos but rarely print them out or do anything with them?

I am on an email list to both Groupon and Living Social.  Both companies send out emails with daily specials of either online or local specials.  Often the specials run from 50% off or more.  

So when I spotted this deal from My Publisher for a 30 page hard cover photo book  for only $19, I knew I had to get one to remember our summer vacation.

Photobook

I couldn’t be more pleased how it came out!  Honestly it did take me a good portion of a morning to select and lay out the photographs but so worth the time and effort!

MyPublisher-photobook

I just love this photo of the kids on the dock!

Summer-travel-photobook

There are so many choice for page layouts.

Mypublisher

You can write captions and titles if you want.  I opted not to and decided to let the photographs do all the talking.

Photobook--MyPublisher

The real challenge was to make sure everyone as equal star power!  If you have more than one child you know what I mean.

back-cover-of-photobook

I figured the kids had the front cover;

I would give the Hubs and I the back cover.

It’s so nice to know that I actually did something with our memories!

Have a fabulous weekend,

Carrie

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful book Carrie, I lake it!

    Nice weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea! Something you'll want to look at for years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I made a photo book of our wedding pictures- it's so nice to have a tangible item to look through and remember the good times, other than have to scroll through all your pics on the computer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photo book looks beautiful! I am playing catch up today, so I just now saw your grandiose clock ~ super!! You did a great job on it! I also got your email & plan to take some pictures tomorrow!! I hope you have a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to remember a special vacation. And it looks so much faster than scrapping the photos, at least for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have done this too! I love that it comes in the mail and is ready to pass around.

    I do mine through snapfish, and use My Coke Rewards and get it free, just pay shipping. My Coke Rewards has a lot of snapfish stuff you can get for points from Coke. Prints, collages, books. Gotta love free!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE it, Carrie! I love creating the books ... and have quite a LOT to catch up on. The pictures you chose for the cover and back are beautiful ... and, the fact that you created this priceless book for only $19 is fabulous! Thanks for sharing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea and a good proce to boot! A treasure to hold forever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love making these types of photo books, too! I do print out our photos and keep them in albums (I know, so archaic) but for highlighting extra-special memories, these books are great. And the control freak in me loves being able to have complete creative control! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The photo of the kids on the dock is really nice.

    lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed your visit. If you did, please leave a comment!!!
Thanks ~Carrie

*and remember what mom always said~ "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say NOTHING at all".

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails