Thursday, July 21, 2011

Decorating the Foyer Mantle

Hello!

I hope everyone is having a great week so far.  It seems like I have one crazy week after another but I wanted to put a quick post together to show what I’ve been working on.  The other day I went shopping around my own home in hopes to find something to decorate the shelf in the foyer. 

Here’s what I came up with…..

Foyer-Shelf-decor

It’s not much, just a few odds and end pieces that weren’t currently being used anywhere else in the house.  I have to laugh at myself because I always buy two of everything.  I tend to decorate with symmetry.    I’ve been telling myself that I need to break away and give asymmetrical design a try.

Foyer-Decor

The tall candle stick I did purchase a few weeks ago at Home Goods and the tassel is from Hobby Lobby.  The urns and sconces I purchased years ago from a local store that is no longer in business, and the faux wood carving is from Christopher Lowell bought at Burlington Coat Factory.

Mantle-shelf-idea

My Photoshop skills are still very limited but I hope you get the idea.  I would like to add some faux topiaries to each side of the window.  Oh, and possibly up lights placed behind them.   I have been searching online but you know the thing about faux plants…. is that they very so much in quality. 

It’s a start…. and I’m sure I will have a more exciting mantle display come fall and Christmas.  Have the best day ever!

Carrie

11 comments:

  1. I love how you've merchandised your mantel! I'd be scared to buy faux topiaries online because of what you said about quality varying. Of course even a very fake looking one would probably look fine up that high. Can't wait to see what you end up choosing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. It looks so pretty. I like the use architectural elements. Finding topiary's really is a huge problem, and some are sooooooooo expensive. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're well on your way! I can visualize many things up there. How about grasses in the urns? or a decorative plate, something wrapped in jute? Now you've got my juices going and I don't even have a foyer mantle! Can't wait to see it decorated for all the holidays - just the big holidays you don't have to do groundhogs day :) You're the best have a great rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back-light carefully - I did a really great job of highlighting my weekly cobwebs (and this was in a space I could reach easily to dust!) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great, Carrie! Love all the elements you used. The spiral topiaries would be very nice. A friend of mine has some of the sprials and hers are really beautiful.

    ohh..holiday decor will be fun in this space, and so pretty!

    ~ L

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks amazing. I love the faux topiaries idea. I would love for you to stop by http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/ on Monday to link up your mantle and any other projects you would like to share.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carrie, it looks beautiful, you have done a great job! I am looking for topiaries and can not find them anywhere, please let me know
    if you can find them.
    have a great day,
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carrie, you did a wonderful job arranging your items, it looks classy and elegant! You gave me some ideas, too! Thanks for sharing! XO ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty Carrie. I struggle with our mantel all the time. Wish I had more traditional look sometimes so I could play more. I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, Carrie! Love the CL wood carving ... and how you balanced the tall candlestick on one side with the fun pillow tucked in the vase on the other. And, um, I understand ALL too well about trying to break away from being so symmetrical. Doesn't work sometimes, though. The topiaries would be a fun touch, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed your visit. If you did, please leave a comment!!!
Thanks ~Carrie

*and remember what mom always said~ "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say NOTHING at all".

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails