Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Red, White, and Two Patriotic Crafts!

Yep, today you don’t get one but TWO patriotic crafts!  They’re both very simple and took me less than the a few hours to complete both. 

First up…..

A very simple Patriotic Wreath.   I actually had an inspiration photo in my files for along time.  Since blogging I try to save the website with the photo so that I can give credit to the source but because I have had this in my files for so long I not sure where to give credit.  Sorry

Red felt wreath for 4th of July

The wreath is so simple I think that’s why I love it so much.  Plus, my house sits about 800 feet from the road so most wreaths that I hang on my front door just look like dark blobs but not this one!  It just pops out and screams

“I’m Proud to be an American!”

wreath form

I started with a blank wreath-form bought many years ago, I believe, from the Dollar Store.  About 6 years ago, a Dollar Store opened up in my town.  Less than two years later it closed.  Have you ever know a Dollar Store to close it’s door?  Needless to say, I have not been to a Dollar Store in years.

attaching floral foam to wreath form

Next, I cut up one floral foam into several pieces and held it to the frame with floral wire.

appling red felt to wreath form

I guess I got a little excited working on this project because I forgot to take some photographs.  Here is what I did- I cut 3”x3” squares out of red felt and used hot glue and a crochet hook to poke the center of the felt square into the floral foam.

Patriotic Wreath

Added a blue ribbon and white star and called it finished!

The blue ribbon came off a fleece blanket that I purchased years ago!  It had Velcro on the ends making it so easy to make a loop!  Can you tell I try to not let anything go to waste?

Patroitic red, white, and blue Wreath

I love this wreath!  It didn’t dawn on me until I was actually hanging the wreath that I could use this over again for Christmas and Valentine’s Day! 

Next up…..

Patriotic Vinyl Wooden Blocks

I cut up some left over 1x4 boards into three blocks, routered the edges with a round-over bit, painted the blocks, distressed the edges, and cut some vinyl on the Cricut machine.  I found this font by Googling “Patriotic Fonts”.

USA wooden blocks- Patriotic Craft

I  just love quick and an easy projects!

Linking up to these fun parties – go and check out all the projects!

Carrie

19 comments:

  1. Love that wreath! Looks like an easy one to do with the kids, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I can't wait to get mine up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that wreath hanging on my door too!! The star shines so brilliantly - absolutely LOVE IT! Please share your post at my Patriotic Linky Party currently going on right now! . . . and I expect to get my wreath any day now! haha!jk! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the wreath! And, the blocks are so cute ... once again, you amaze me with your creativity (and your ability to use a saw, miter or any type of tool)! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the wreath! My front door disappears into the house too...i'm thinking about painting it red and maybe just in time for the holiday!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Great job!! I love the USA blocks. So much fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carrie!

    Stopping by for the first time. My patriotic heart loves these projects!

    I have perused several of your posts and enjoyed each one!

    Nice to meet you!
    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like these two crafts - very crisp, clean, and summery...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute wreath, I love it. So simple, yet it makes such a bold statement. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this idea--so cute! I'm visiting over from funkyjunkinteriors. I'm hosting my first ever blog party and its all 4th of July-all Red, White, and Blue! I'd love for you to link up and share with me!

    http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com/2011/07/4th-of-july-link-party.html

    Hope to see you over at my place soon!
    Kaitlin
    http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the wreath! So pretty.

    I am having a Red, White and Blue Linky Party that I'd love for you to join in on by adding your link!
    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2011/07/red-white-and-blue-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes the simplest things can be the more beautiful! Your wreath is to pretty. You did a really good job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for posting this on my Patriotic linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Carrie,
    I'm new to looking at blogs, but I have admired neat and tastefully crafted homes for a long time, and the people who create them especially from simple and common "ingredients". I love your ideas taking not so pretty or common things and envisioning and creating wonderful things for you and the people in your life. Thank you so much for sharing with us. I have bookmarked your blog. Did you learn woodworking from your father? So fortunate to have learned how to both sew and work with wood.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this wreath--I loved it last year too but I hope you will link this up to my 2012 Patriotic Project Parade!

    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/06/patriotic-project-parade-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed your visit. If you did, please leave a comment!!!
Thanks ~Carrie

*and remember what mom always said~ "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say NOTHING at all".

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails