Monday, March 7, 2011

Spring Wreath

Spring Bunny Wreath

 

I’ve been wanting to make a spring

wreath ever since I took down the

Christmas wreath.  Then I got

motivated, when a few days

ago, Kristen from

Kristen’s Creations

showed a wonderful

tutorial on how she made her

fabulous mesh wreath. 

 

Spring Wreath close up

 

 

I went to Michael’s

to buy all my

supplies. 

DIY-Spring-Wreath--supplies

When you get to the last photo you will see a photo of my front door, it’s very tall door, so I choose a grapevine wreath that had an oblong shape to better fill the space vertically.  I just happen to stumble on this welcome bunny sign.  I’m not crazy about the colors that someone decided to paint it, but I purchased it anyways with a 50% off coupon.

DIY-Spring-Wreath--step-1-adding-tulle

 

I don’t think I picked up the

same tulle that Kristen uses.

Her tulle seamed to have body

and stiffness.  The tulle I used

was from the wedding section

and is soft and limp. 

I cut 2 foot lengths and tied them

around the base of the wreath.

Garland wreath hanger

Next, I added the cute little garland.  The end of the garland had a loop at one end, so I thought I could poke the loop to the back of the wreath form and use that to hang my wreath!

Painted Bunny- Before and after

Next, I decided to repaint the bunny with some lovely spring colors.  After I painted, I need to add the “welcome” back.  I was going to use my Cricut to either cut vinyl or a stencil, but at 1 o’clock in the morning,  I decided to take the plunge and free hand the letters with black paint.  Aughhh…… now I would have been willing to pay full price. 

painted eggs

I couldn’t find any pretty pastel color eggs either.  I bought a bag of yellow speckled eggs and hand painted them the colors I wanted! 

This would have been a really quick project if I didn’t have to customize the store bought pieces.

DIY-Spring-Wreath--details

 

 I let the paint dry and went to

bed!  First thing the next

morning I hot glued the eggs

 and the bunny in place.

 Michael’s had these really

cute butterflies on sale!  They

have a little clip on the back,

making it super easy to add to

the wreath.

Spring-Bunny-Wreath

I tied a few small pieces of bright pink ribbon, that I had on hand,

to add a POP of color!

Spring-Wreath

I love how it turned out!  Thanks Kristen for the inspiration.

Carrie

40 comments:

  1. Carrie...that is the cutest wreath EVER!! I wanna make one now. I love all the little touches you've added, it really turned out gorgeous!
    XOXO ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute. Great project. I am looking forward to spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of work but sooooo darling and worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute! Looked so complicated...but your steps made it so easy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wreath is so adorable!


    I am stopping by from Sumo's Market Yourself Monday, I would love if you stopped by and checked out my project :) http://xsurvivingmotherhoodx.blogspot.com/2011/03/digital-hybrid-flower-pomander.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fantastic! I love the tulle popping out of it. Great
    http://itsybitsypaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is very cute Carrie! I love the colors and the tulle is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carrie! This IS a very cute wreath. You are totally inspiring. I love how what could have been quick took more time to customize it and turn it into something really nice. You did a great job on your wreath.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. It turned out darling! I love that you gave it your own touch by repainting the bunny and eggs the color you wanted. It is so much cuter now with the brighter colors. Sweet! Kristen has inspired me to make one as well. There are going to be some pretty Spring wreaths in blog land!
    Thank you for sharing yours. Love it!

    have a happy day~ L

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Carrie! This is most darling! You are so good!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your wreath is adorable! Love how colorful and spring-like it is! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carie the wreath is darling, precious and adorable all in one! You did great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Carrie,
    The wreath is gorgeous and I think I will have to make one for myself!!

    Thanks so much for letting us know about this great tutorial!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too have seen Kristens wreaths and have bought all my supplies to make one. I love yours it is so full of SPRING!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am totally impressed!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so colorful! You should join the Spring Door Decor party at Inspired by Charm. http://www.inspiredbycharm.com/2011/03/welcome-to-my-little-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun, beautiful wreath, Carrie! I'm envious of your creativity (especially at 1 in the morning)! This truly looks fabulous ... and, your Easter welcome is inspirational. I need to get my wreath groove on, don't I? Hugs, Becca

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, I linked with you for Amazing Monday but don't see a linky. You still have your button on the sidebar...are you still doing the meme.?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your wreath is beautiful. Having that now, the door says, the people in the house are now ready for easter.

    Sell WoW Account

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH!!!! I love Love LOVE it!! I've needed some good inspiration for my spring wreath!! Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so pretty and festive! All the little details make it so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey SWEET Girl Friend!!! We have ALL been sick with Strep! But im well enough now to get on the computer! THIS wreath is ADORABLE! Is there ANYTHING you CANT DO??? I LOVE it! I saw Kristens and fell in love with hers but love yours JUST as MUCH! You put your own Flair on it! Thank you again, SO MUCH for hosting the Giveaway for me! You are such a sweet friend and SO takented Ta BOOT!

    xoxokara

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is still super cute even if it is not the same tulle. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your wreath turned out super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Carrie, what a precious wreath!! It came out great. = ))

    ReplyDelete
  26. I WANT THAT WREATH!!!!
    Oh my gosh Carrie, that turned out SO CUTE!
    Now I want to make one :)
    Great job, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my word! This is SO CUTE! Happy Easter! :)

    www.simplicity-tracy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Carrie, that is absolutely adorable! Thanks for showing off your beautiful Easter wreath. It's something I'm going to try to do.

    Thanks,
    Tracy http://allthumbscrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Carrie, I didn't realize you painted the bunny! lol...Funny, today I was at Michael's and saw that bunny and thought hmmmm....it looks like her bunny, but her bunny was cuter and brighter...lol. Now I know why! Like I said in my e-mail...it turned out adorable!!!

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your wreath is super cute! I don't think I've ever seen a grapevine wreath in that size before but it's awesome! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your wreath! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. It's just the cutest dang thing, Carrie! I love the tulle! So sweet. And, of course, I love that you repainted the bunny & eggs. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very cute! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  34. LOVE LOVE LOVE this wreath!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is adorable! I am gonna make one too, and maybe it will help with my spring fever!

    ReplyDelete
  36. How come I am just now finding this blog? *Note to self: must move back out from under my rock.

    Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks for sharing this! It's so cute! You inspired me to make my own. I shared the picture of mine and the link to this page at my blog at: http://myimperfectknowledge.blogspot.com/. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  38. That is the nicest wreath I have ever seen.

    lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed your visit. If you did, please leave a comment!!!
Thanks ~Carrie

*and remember what mom always said~ "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say NOTHING at all".

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails