Thursday, December 23, 2010

Stocking Candy Savers

Stocking stuffers can get expensive!     Am I right? 

Now that I have teenagers, it would be nothing for me to spend a hundred dollars or more on each stocking!  Have you seen what they want for a  holiday wrapped candies?  The same very candy that one can purchase in the checkout line for 2/$1.00!   

If I had only one stocking to fill, paying the extra money might not bother me but when you have multiple stockings to fill this really could really add up….fast!  Mother’s of two or more children, nod your head.

Here’s a few ways to save:

IMG_5805

Buy those fancy little wrapped candies once and save the container to use for years after.

 

 

deck_the_halls_christmas_064

 

 

 

 

 

 

                             {via}                                                                                               {via}

Wrap up your own 2/$1.00 candy bars with scrapbook paper and embellish.

{via}

If the budget is tight, make your own candy creations and add some cute packaging!

Carrie

9 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
    Kisses, Zondra Art

    ReplyDelete
  2. The prices can be ridiculous. The snowmen wrappers are adorable.
    Gloria H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some great ideas! I didn't even hang stockings this year because all I could do is get the tree up since we just moved. BUT next year I will. I only have one to buy for though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute ideas Carrie. Merry Christmas to you and your family! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas! Just stopped by to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! XOXO ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! I just stumbled upon your blog and boy am I glad I did :) I love it! Can't wait to come back and visit again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are such great ideas! Granted I don't have children (yet), but it will definitely come in handy in a few years ;) I hadn't ever thought about re-packing a plate of chocolate before, could be a great hostess gift too! Thanks for inspiring me today =)

    xo Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed your visit. If you did, please leave a comment!!!
Thanks ~Carrie

*and remember what mom always said~ "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say NOTHING at all".

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails