Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Foyer

I’ve kept it simple in the foyer, simply because I am running out of time to complete everything on my to-do list.    Let me show you how I transformed store bought stockings.

Upgraded store bought stocking

I started with 3 beautiful velvet stockings.  Green for the boys and red from my daughter.  However, if I could do it over again, I would have chosen one color for all three kids. 

I embellished the cuff of the stocking with simple gold beads that are hand sewn on using clear thread.

transformed store bought stocking

Used some fabric glue to tack on a gold cording around the edge of the stocking.

stockings hung by the stairwell

Yes, I went all out by embroidering their names on the cuff in gold metallic thread!

foyer bow

Single ribbon bow.

Christmas foyer

The morning sun was not making it easy to photograph the foyer.  The sun is out but it is freezing here!  I have several stands of light strung through the garland and is spectacular at night! 

On a side note, I really hate our stairway.  I always have despised it from day one!  This very well may be one of my projects for 2011!   Let’s keep our fingers crossed that I get to this project!  This foyer needs molding, wrought iron spinals, redesigned steps, artwork and new paint color!  {okay maybe a small explosive and I’ll start from scratch} 

simple christmas foyer

Simple arrangement.

Reindeer

I forgot to show a photo of my little reindeer up on the TV armoire!  I got these years ago from Jo-Ann Fabrics.  I layered a string of lights and sparkly batting underneath. It’s just beautiful at night!

Carrie

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful decoration dear Carrie!
    Kisses from Croatia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the little reindeer and Santa on your armoire!! So cute!

    It all looks so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie your foyer look beautiful all decked out for Christmas. I love how you embellished the stockings. Thanks for sharing and inspring us all.

    Have a wonderful day,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, when you blow yours up, come do mine!!! That was too funny! You make them look good though! Love your garland and bows and the stockings look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your foyer is decorated beautifully! I really love your Santa and reindeer. The lights are a nice touch, how fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your foyer and those stockings are very cute! I have never liked my dark stairway and hubby has given me orders not to paint it..lol. I can do what I want to the house but I'm not allowed to touch it..lol.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your sweet comments. I know my foyer looks pinkish but it's actually a terra-cotta color. I'm not sure what I was thinking but I guess I was a bit braver back in my younger days with paint colors. =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those Reindeer are adorable:) Check out my blog post titled Old New House and look at our staircase in our home that we just left. You will love it. Just for inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your kind words on my blog. I absolutely love your decor as well. Isn't Christmas decorating fun? Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carrie, those reindeer are so cute! I would look at that everyday and smile!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your stairway looks just like mine, not the Christmas decorations, but the actually stairway. I too have trouble taking pictures of mine because of the sun. Thanks for stopping by "In His Grip."

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Carrie!! Love Santa and his reindeer!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. those reindeer are adorable-haven't seen that before!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've done a fabulous job of creating a beautiful foyer! I LOVE the stockings and how you added the gold cording and embroidered their names! And, the garland on the banisters is so lush ... love the bows! And, those reindeer! How ca-ute are they ?! So glad you shared all of this! Becca

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything looks soo beautiful! I love Santa and his mossy reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how Santa is riding on one of the deers.

    lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed your visit. If you did, please leave a comment!!!
Thanks ~Carrie

*and remember what mom always said~ "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say NOTHING at all".

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails