Monday, September 20, 2010

Welcome Fall Decor

Here’s a few photographs of our home decorated for fall. 

Fall Wreath Front Door

Our refinished door!  I just realized I forgot to show photos of this completed project.  Oops!  It turned out really nice.  Third times a charm! I couldn’t have done this with out the hubby’s help.  This was a huge refinishing project.  Lots of sand, stripping, scrapping,  more sanding,  more stripping, and more sanding.

I’ll be right back…………

Okay I’m back.  This wreath is hanging way too low.  I raised it up a few inches.  Much better :D

I made the wreath last year.

 Fall Entrance Table

Come on in! 

Here’s our front entrance table all decorated for the autumn season.  And here is the fall decorated candle sticks with one modification.

Fall Decorated Glass Candle Sticks

I added glass candles to the top of the candle sticks.  I got a little nervous with the floral stems being so close to the flame.  What do you think?  Probably a good idea. Huh?

Ceramic Pumpkin 

I think this pumpkin came from Wal-mart and the stand is from Hobby Lobby.

Fall Vignette

Pumpkin plate from Wal-Mart and the little welcome sign is from the Dollar General store.  I purchased the frame from TJ Maxx but gave it a quick spray of ORB paint and a dry brushing of gold paint over the accents. 

Fall Wall Vignette 

Accent wall in the foyer.

Fall Frame

A little message to you from me!   Vase made by my dad.

Wooden Pumpkin Basket

A cute little pumpkin basket made by my kids!

Fall Decorated Back Door

Our back door.

This door was inspired after I saw Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chic paint her back door black and the vinyl came from Shelley from Wonderfully Wordy

The wreath was made with the left over supplies from the front door wreath. {and the candle sticks were decorated with the left over supplies from both wreaths!}

Back Door Wreath hook

I spray painted a 3M hook black to hang the wreath.

Are you curious about the “behind the scenes” as much as I am?  I’m always wondering what other’s use to hang things.  screws?  nails? suction cups?

Blog-Party-Button

Carrie

32 comments:

  1. Love your blog way cute! I am follower of yous now! Thanks for sharing your ideas!
    Hope you
    will stop
    by Simple As 1-2-3 soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've created a warm, inviting and simply beautiful autumn vignette from your door and beyond. I just love that pumpkin with the raised/embossed vine all over it. It's all soooo pretty!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! You really are SO talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely!!! Just simply lovely! :)
    You have such great style.
    ~Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely!!! Just simply lovely! :)
    You have such great style.
    ~Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job Carrie! The front door looks fantastic and your wreath is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! I would have been worried about the candle stick leaves and candles too!

    Great week to post this! I'm doing fall projects all week over at my blog (envirocraftiness.blogspot.com) and I'm having a link party on friday to wrap it all up! I'd love if you joined!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your fall decor is so beautiful...so is your home! I love your front door!! So beautiful!

    I'm your newest follower. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's all so beautiful! Thank you for sharing your beautiful home decor! I am your newest follower! : )

    aimee @ justkiddingaroundatlanta

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a beautiful home! I'm a new follower from Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch.

    Have a great week!

    Marie @ Sally Lee by the Sea
    http://www.nauticalcottageblog.com

    A blog for those who love everything about the coastal lifestyle...Shopping. Decorating. Crafts. Travel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your home is beautiful. I love your style. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your door is absolutely gorgeous!!
    Love all your fall decor!
    I'm now a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely. I really like the first Walmart pumpkin on the stand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful! I absolutely love those candlesticks. I think you are ready for fall now.
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of your decorations! They look fabulous! Especially your wreath! Georgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your wreaths are gorgeous! I love your faux "orangery." :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your fall decor with us at Anything Related!
    {Rebekah}

    ReplyDelete
  18. My goodness, everything looks WONDERFUL!!! The colors throughout your home are so warm and inviting. I love how you accessorize and hang things on your walls, just lovely. Your front door is beautiful! Happy Fall! ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  19. love that pumpkin on that stand! and your front wreath is so wonderful with those pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your door and entry look gorgeous and so very welcoming. Don't you just love this time of year? I sure do...still 90's though can you believe it?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I so love your front door. At our apartment complex we're not allowed to decorate our front doors.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Spraypainting the 3M hook to match your door? Ingenius! I am totally gonna do that.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Come by and visit me sometime over at Free 2 Be Frugal.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful!! :-)

    How did you put the glass candle on the candle stick with the point piece that's meant to go through a regular candle?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey there, I love your refinished front door! And, all of your Fall touches are beautiful. I love the framed leafs and the thoughtful sayings. I, too, now have the "Welcome" vinyl on my front door, too (thanks to Sarah)! Love it all and thanks for sharing. *Becca*

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a great post. Wonderful images and simple, elegant fall decor. Not cheesy or cute. This is the kind of thing that most of my readers would like and I would be flattered if you would consider linking up to one of my first linky parties at Becolorful
    Pam

    http://becolorful.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great blog and great post.

    - From Little Things

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such great fall decor!

    Thanks so much for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really enjoy seeing how fellow bloggers decorate certain areas of their home for Fall - thanks for sharing! You've created some lovely vignettes! I really like the pumpkin plate next to the black Welcome sign, the colour combo is so striking!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh wow. I don't know which door I like better. Your front door is so pretty but I love that black with the Welcome. It is so fun and unique.

    Your autumn accents are lovely as are your images. Those ceramic pumpkins have such a nice glaze.
    Love it all.
    Thank you for submitting this to my Motivated Monday at Becolorful.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  30. You do a great job with fall decorations.

    lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed your visit. If you did, please leave a comment!!!
Thanks ~Carrie

*and remember what mom always said~ "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say NOTHING at all".

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails