Friday, September 17, 2010

Fall Candle Sticks

I pulled these candles sticks out of the attic the other day.  They were in the attic not because I don’t like them but because I like to change out the accessories in my home.  If  something doesn’t have a “home” for the time being it gets stored in a section of the attic I call “The Prop Spot”.   

Bronze Candle Sticks

I wanted to dress them up for the fall season.

Fall Candles Stick Supplies 

Gathered the supplies.  ***Plus a pair of  kitchen shears and floral foam not pictured.

Fall Revamped Candle Sticks

Fall Decorated Candle Sticks

So quick and easy.  Well….. it only took me about a half an hour to finish over the coarse of two days!  Some days I have a hard time finding a little time for even  the simplest projects.

I started by making a 4 looped bow using 2 ribbons.  {4x2=8 loops}   Okay the homeschool mom in me get’s a little elementary on ya’ll some times.  Sorry.

  1. Make a bow.  Rapping the center with a long piece of wire.  
  2. Hot glue the ends of the floral stems and stick them into the floral foam.  I placed stems in the top and the bottom.
  3. Wrap the bow wire around the floral foam. 
  4. Now wrap the entire bow and foam around the candle sticks.  My candle sticks had small rings to help hold in place at my desired height.
  5. Fluff bow and floral stems.

 

{Behind The Scene}

Back of Fall Candle Stick

The not so pretty side of things but I just wanted to clarify everything.   This was a great project to use up all the extra materials left over from other projects!!!

 

Carrie

18 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Carrie, those are FABULOUS!! I never would have thought to make something like that, but these could seriously be sold in stores....it is that adorable! You are so talented. I may have to copy your wonderful idea. Your pictures look amazing! Thanks so much for sharing. I am off to see what I can conjure up in my basement. XOXO ~Liz

    P.S. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog post! *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are just darling. And made from scrap supplies. Very nice.
    I have a perfect spot for them if you have trouble finding place...Ha!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful, I featured them on Featuring My Favorites Friday... please come and check it out.

    http://dragonflyfeathers.blogspot.com/2010/09/featuring-my-favorites-friday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful. I just love the colors of fall.

    Have a wonderful day.
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great! I came by to visit from Frou Frou Decor's link party! Would love for you to visit my site.. I am doing a weekly link party too...
    Anna Sams
    http://moonriver74.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busting the stash is always a great idea. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Carrie! I'm trying them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look great! I need to dig in my stash to find supplies to do something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh... just one word for these GORGEOUS! I love them. Thanks for giving me some idea for old candlesticks I have put away Ü

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there! Your candlesticks are fabulous !! I love how you've embellised them, too from items in your "Prop Shop" ... love it! I'm curious where you are in SC ... we're in a small town, too (Little River which is right by North Myrtle). Have a great day, Becca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! I love them! And I love how you call it "the prop spot". :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the candle sticks! Very pretty. Thanks for sharing such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! I love your blog! Your candlesticks are so pretty!! You did an outstanding job!
    I'm your newest follower! =)
    Blessings,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oops! I'm already following you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. this should be your day job, if it isn't already. seriously, they look amazing and professionally "done."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed your visit. If you did, please leave a comment!!!
Thanks ~Carrie

*and remember what mom always said~ "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say NOTHING at all".

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails