Monday, May 10, 2010

Leap Frog

 

Last year I purchased this little leap frog yard art from Lowes.   There was several bare spot in the landscape that need fillin’.   They are cute but they didn’t look like this last year.IMG_2624

Before.

 

{Before me and my first ever can of ORB!}

IMG_2594

Oil Rubbed Bronze (ORB)!!!  I finally found some at my local Wal-Mart, after months of looking everywhere.  Why did I only buy one can???  Surely I wasn’t thinkin clearly that day.  I went back in a few days later to buy some more…… only 2 cans left on the shelf.  Uugh.   Apparently others have been looking for it too. 

IMG_2627

I wanted some depth and dimension, so I spayed lightly in areas.  Can you see some of the original green peaking through?        Yes, this was planned .        I promise.

IMG_2609

I still felt like it was a little flat.  Nothing a little “Copper” colored craft paint couldn’t fix.  {you know… the little tubes of paint found in the craft section for ‘bout a dollar}  With very little paint on the brush,  lightly brush over the top.   Oooohh and the eyes needed color.

IMG_2608

I like a little surprise in the garden but I’m not  the “IN YOUR F. A. C. E. ” yard art kind of person.  I love how it turned out.  A subtle whimsy.  Just what the garden needed! 

IMG_2615

Linked to these Parties:

 

Happy Spray Painting,

Carrie

17 comments:

  1. Love how the frogs look with their new color! I guess I am going to have to get me some of the oil rubbed bronze spray paint, it is just too nice. The more I see it the more I like it! And letting a bit of the original green peak thru is a good idea, gives them just a little more dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going out looking for this spray paint.. my little statue of St. Francis needs help!
    Thanks for this great tip!

    Another Thank you for visiting my blog today!
    http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. those frogs are so cute! I'm visiting from making the world cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way better than the original!! I never would have thought to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Jill - I never would have seen that potential, and yet you turned it into a VERY classy garden sculpture! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!! You did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi carrie! very cute! isnt it amazing how far spray paint has come! they even look happier! thanks for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! i would love for you to visit again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the transformation and agree with the other comments that they are way cuter now. This paint sort of opens up my mind to many ugly painted things that could turn beautiful, like yours, with some of that great paint. Going to look at my Wal-Mart for some. Thanks! Joni

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I saw this in a garden I would have thought it really was bronze!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so much classier than they were before!! Nice work - the bronze craft paint was icing on the cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so stinkin cute. I love frogs but I often find that how they are painted doesn't quite work for me. I will have to keep in mind how you made these guys so much cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those turned out soooo cute! What a great addition to your garden! I love that metallic spray paint! I'm addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These frogs are so cute. Thanks for the tip --I'm going to pick up some of this paint for a candle holder I just bought. I have been trying to figure out what color to paint it & your post answered that question for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had no idea this paint existed! I'm totally going shopping...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never cease to be amazed at the power of spray paint! This transformation is amazing!

    I absolutely adore your blog, and I gave you a little award on my blog if you'd like the venture over and take a look. :)

    Have a great night!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those froggies are so cute! And of course everything looks great ORB'ed

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving the spray paint job, those frogs are way too cute! Ya know Krylon is my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed your visit. If you did, please leave a comment!!!
Thanks ~Carrie

*and remember what mom always said~ "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say NOTHING at all".

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails