Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Easter Blocks

Have you ever have one project inspire another project? 

That’s exactly what has happened to me!  All the base molding had been removed during layer #2 (installing of the slate tile)  for the boys’ bathroom make-over.  For a few days I walked by these pieces sitting in the garage, waiting to go to the dump.  When it hit me!

Would this inspire you?

IMG_9834

Pretty gross… huh?

IMG_9843

I cut the molding into small blocks, removed the beveled edge at the top with a circular saw, and lightly sanded down the paint.

IMG_9854

Used Mod Podge and scrapbook paper. To get this

IMG_9849

Waited about 30 seconds for the glue to dry and sanded the edges.

IMG_9867

IMG_9870

Aren’t those bunnies cute?

IMG_9876

I’m just in love with my Cricut machine.  Do you have one yet? 

IMG_9874

Add some lettering……

IMG_9887

Cover up any imperfection.  Lol

IMG_9901

Trash to Treasure!

IMG_9895

Happy Easter!

17 comments:

  1. Very Cute -- wish I had a cricut machine... very handy!

    Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie..these are adorable!! Love them! Hope you will stop by sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is way too cute!!! I have wanted to mod podge something for awhile and this is a great idea! I'm following and cant wait to see more.
    Happy SITS Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it :)

    SITS Saturday Sharefest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, you are not alone in the being inspired by "garbage" department.

    So many good projects start with "So, I had a piece of scrap wood..."

    Certainly, you have one of those, good projects, here.

    Cricut...ah, someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What adorable EASTER blocks! Hope you have a FUN week:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a little late to this (and new to your blog) but I saw your link on Kendall's shop the house Sunday party and it is a really cute idea! I'm excited to keep up with your future projects (and shamelessly copying you).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carrie - Those are just too cute. Can't believe you came up with that from old gunky trim! Wow! I featured this project on my week in review so go check it out and grab a featured button.

    Thanks for linking up to Shop The House Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! I'm remodeling, so I have plenty of scraps... I may just have to try something like this myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carrie,
    SO cute! Love them!! Happy Easter!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wanted to swing by and let you know I featured your blocks today :)
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did you do the letters exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  13. KDoherty~ The letters are done with a Cricut Expression machine and cut from vinyl.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love that font what is it called?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the font also, can you tell us the name? Also, Carrie what size molding did you use?

    thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed your visit. If you did, please leave a comment!!!
Thanks ~Carrie

*and remember what mom always said~ "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say NOTHING at all".

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails